Senior Database Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Primary Location: Toronto, Barrie or London, Ontario (Hybrid– Occasional Travel)
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Database Administrator, supporting a client
in gaming and Casino industry.
Senior Database Administrator in the Managed Application Services (MAS) team will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems; including DB2 systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Not for you?
Check out our other opportunities at https://www.qaconsultants.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn. We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted.
QA Consultants is North America’s largest software quality engineering services firm. An award-winning onshore provider of software testing and quality assurance solutions, we are the trusted engineering services company for business, industry and government supported by leading practitioners and solutions. For almost 30 years, we have successfully delivered 12,000+ mission-critical projects in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors. We reduce risk and improve time to market with quality engineering, keep applications secure through dedicated application security capabilities, and reduce cost of ownership while enabling applications to scale via performance engineering. We are proud of our vision to help clients achieve flawless technology outcomes. QA Consultants also operates a robust emerging technologies practice with a focus on quality engineering solutions for connected and autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain.
For more information visit - https://www.qaconsultants.com/
Life continues to evolve and the technology we all rely on daily hinges on impeccable software. QAC understands that safe, effective technology is your right - it is our right. It is with this understanding that we deliver on our purpose. We support our clients to ensure technology enables flawless productivity and harmony for a Better, Brighter and Safer world for all of us.
What’s in it for you?
- A proven track record of successful project implementation in a software and technology implementation environment
- 7+ Years of Project Support Experience, Casino & Gaming experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Microsoft Sequel (Relation Database Management System)- Software solution
- Experience using structured query language (SQL)
We are growing faster than we expected and that’s humbling and exciting! So, for all those on board, we guarantee a rewarding journey – and we’re just getting started.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Make a difference every day as you help our clients deliver innovation and technology in a better, brighter, and safer way
- Be part of a smart and dedicated team, disrupting quality assurance methodologies and creating something unique
- Be involved in challenging and interesting work
- Work from anywhere
QA Consultants is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) where we evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to the creation of an exceptional work environment wherein we maintain values of mutual respect, integrity, dignity, and inclusivity; and encourage the open exchange of ideas and opinions.
If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please inform the recruiter. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place at time of your interview and before you begin your employment.
QAC’s main office is located in Toronto, Ontario. We acknowledge that the land on which we work is situated upon traditional territories. We wish to acknowledge the Ancestral Traditional Territories of the Ojibway, the Anishinaabe and, the Mississauga of the New Credit. We also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.